A third of all food is wasted
“ “Reducing food waste is one of the three most important things we can do to reverse global warming”
Chad Frischmann, Climate expert
Flavour is a European collaborative project involving 10 partners from Belgium, France and the United Kingdom, which is investigating new ways to
- value food
- reduce food waste
- increase job opportunities for the long-term unemployed
REDUCING FOOD SURPLUSES
- because food waste is the third largest emitter of greenhouse gases worldwide.
- because approximately 800 million people worldwide don’t have enough to eat to be healthy and lead active lives.
- because work in food surplus offers new opportunities for a sustainable job
PROCESSING OR DISTRIBUTION
We can avoid waste as much as possible by producing, buying and eating food in a new way. If there are then still surpluses, we can:
- process surpluses into new, longer lasting products
- distribute surpluses via platforms to food banks and social organisations